Turbocharger Installation Instructions
- Change Engine Oil
- Carefully inspect the air cleaner, air cleaner duct, and the exhaust manifold for any foreign material. Objects left in these areas can severely damage the turbocharger immediately on engine startup.
- Remove old gaskets and gasket material from the exhaust manifold, the oil supply line and oil drain line, flanges. Inspect these areas for cracks, flatness, or erosion.
- Inspect the oil supply and drain lines. Make sure that there are no kinks or any other type of restriction or clogging in either line.
- Install the turbocharger, taking care to insure that no dirt or foreign material enters the turbocharger openings. Use new gaskets and O-rings (where used). At this time do not connect the oil supply line or the air cleaner duct.
- Pre-lube the turbocharger by pouring a small amount of clean engine oil into the oil inlet hole of the turbo. Spin the compressor wheel by hand several times to coat the turbocharger bearings with oil.
- Connect the oil supply line and the air cleaner duct.
- Check for proper crankcase oil level.
- With the fuel shut off to prevent engine start, crank the engine for 10-15 seconds, or until the oil inlet gauge shows oil pressure build up.
- Start the engine and let it idle for 5-10 minutes. Do not rev the engine during this time.
- Check the installation for leaks of any kind.
Failure to follow instructions Will void warranty
Please contact our Technical Support at 909-594-8400 or Email us at email@example.com for any questions or more information