Warning Please Read before Installation
- Change Engine Oil
- Carefully inspect the air cleaner and air cleaner duct, and the exhaust manifold for any foreign material. Objects left in these areas can severely damage the turbocharger immediately on engine startup.
- Remove old gaskets and gasket material from the exhaust manifold, and the oil supply line and oil drain lines, flanges. Inspect these areas for cracks, flatness, or erosion.
- Inspect the oil supply and drain lines. Make sure that there are no kinks or any other type of restriction or clogging in either line.
- Install the turbocharger, taking care to insure that no dirt or foreign material enters the turbocharger openings. Use new gaskets and O-rings (where used). At this time do not connect the oil supply line or the air cleaner duct.
- Pre-lube the turbocharger by pouring clean engine oil into the oil inlet hole of the turbo. With your fingers, spin the compressor wheel several times to coat the turbocharger bearings with oil. Pour more oil into the inlet hole to top it off. There may be some drainage, but this is of no concern.
- Connect the oil supply line and the air cleaner duct.
- Check for proper crankcase oil level.
- With the fuel shut off to prevent engine start, crank the engine for 10-15 seconds, or until the gauge shows and oil pressure build up.
- Start the engine and let it idle for 5-10 minutes. Do not rev the engine during this time.
- Check the installation for any oil leaks.
Failure to follow instructions Will void warranty
Please contact our Technical Support at 909-594-8400 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or more information